Application Deadline: 30th September 2017
Here is your opportunity to add your voice to the foremost conference on climate change, the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change’s 23rd Conference of Parties (COP-23) that will be hosted in the historical city of Bonn, Germany, from 6th -17th November 2017.
UN-Habitat is inviting and giving an opportunity to young photographers to visually participate in a contest through representing solutions to climate change in their communities. The winner of this contest will be sponsored to a fully funded trip to Bonn, Germany where their work will be displayed to gain exposure on a global environmentally conscious platform. Entry to this contest is subject to terms and conditions.
A generated by theme end A
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- You have to be the owner of and have rights to the image that you submit. By submitting an image you give UN-Habitat the right to share your image on social media, display hardcopies at COP-23 as well as on the UN-Habitat website competition gallery.
- Images should be submitted in JPEG or TIFF in high resolution.
- Caption should clearly explain climate change solutions in your image. Remember to also include: The neighbourhood, city and country of image captured.
- You must be between 18-35 to qualify as a participant.
- Participants from all over the world are encouraged.
- Participants are allowed one entry in to the competition.
- 20 winning images will be selected and displayed at COP-23 and on social media. One image will be selected as the overall winning piece.
- Winners will be messaged privately before UN-Habitat makes a formal announcement.
- Should the overall winner require a visa, he/she will handle visa paperwork and fees for quick processing of tickets. The visa fee is refundable. Keep receipts for reimbursement. UN-Habitat will provide a supporting letter for the visa application.
- Contestants from all over the world are encouraged to participate.
- This contest is void where prohibited or restricted by law.
- UN-Habitat takes no responsibility for infringement of 3rd party rights. The submitter of the photograph will incur any and all penalties associated with infringing on a 3rd Party’s rights to the photo.
- Entrants may not submit images containing nudity, personal attacks, and expletives.
- UN-Habitat reserves the right to cancel or modify the contest at its discretion.
- Decisions of UN-Habitat are final and binding.
- Photo entries will be judged based on composition, technical excellence, originality, responsiveness to the theme, and overall impact.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
- Post a picture with a caption on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter while tagging @UN-HABITAT and @UN-HabitatYouth using the hashtag #weareclimatechange.
- Send a high-resolution image to firstname.lastname@example.org, and cc email@example.com together with your full name and contact information (email address, current address and phone number).
- Deadline is 30th September 2017
For More Information: